What personal information does Buddhist Information of North America collect from the people that visit buddhistinformation.com?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your email address or other details to help you with your experience.
How does buddhistinformation.com use your information?
buddhistinformation.com may use the information collected from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
buddhistinformation.com does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
buddhistinformation.com does not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
buddhistinformation.com also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
buddhistinformation.com collects your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM buddhistinformation.com agrees to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.